Simple Ways to Secure Yourself
Contractor Evolution • 49m
Cybersecurity is something for tech companies, banks, and nerds to worry about right?
Yeah, in 2010 maybe, but not anymore.
There has been a STEEP rise in the number of attacks on small businesses in the last few years and contractors are a prime target for hackers.
Why? Because in the trades we work with big chunks of cash AND we’re generally pretty terrible with tech stuff like firewalls and ransomware.
To a hacker, we’re the prime target.
- What is going on at a high level that is leading to an increase in cyber security in the contracting community
- The assets of value that hackers are looking for in a typical contracting company and how to protect them
- The most common threats and attacks you’ll be targeted for as a contractor
- What it costs you to buy security vs pay for damages
- The 4 stupid things most business owners do that leave themselves open to hacking
- How to tell if the software has legitimate security measures in place
Up Next in Contractor Evolution
Construction Project Management for 1...
A couple of months ago we did a Project Management Roundtable with some of our highest-performing members in the construction space.
It was so popular and well-received that we thought we would release it as a Contractor Evolution episode.
As you no doubt have experienced, most (but not all) ...
Un-Suck Your SOP's & Get Team Buy In
If you don’t have clear SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures) for all the things you do in your business you’re in trouble.
- You won’t be able to scale
- You can’t take a vacation
- You can’t promote anyone on your team
- It takes FOREVER to train new staff
- You field a mill...
How To Build A Leadership Team & Step...
Do you have a leadership team? Do you let them lead?
I’m sure you’ve probably heard that you need to hire a leadership team who will allow you to take a step back from the grind. But rarely do you hear HOW to nurture that leadership team to a point where you feel comfortable letting them take ov...