A couple of months ago we did a Project Management Roundtable with some of our highest-performing members in the construction space.
It was so popular and well-received that we thought we would release it as a Contractor Evolution episode.
As you no doubt have experienced, most (but not all) Project Managers in construction and trades are professional firefighters.
This is a problem.
Under-Equipped PMs burn themselves out and eventually hurt morale, but more importantly mismanaged jobs can make or break our year-end P&Ls.
So we put together a live roundtable with Greg Hasler of Hasler Homes and Iain Kent of Eagleview Construction where we discuss their evolution story from chaotic to dialed-in, the systems that have made the biggest difference, and the personality profile of a rockstar PM as well as where you might find one.
- 3 PM 'Red Flags' that will tell you things can be improved on
- What makes a great PM (from the perspective of highly effective contractors)
- How to hold PMs accountable for the results they were hired to achieve in your business (including which KPIs you should be tracking)
- The number of jobs should your PM's be able to manage at one time
- The PM qualifications you should look for and where to send PMs to learn proper PM systems for your business
- The best way to keep your field crews (and your subs) engaged with the PM systems and actually filling out daily logs (spoiler - yes, it is possible)