How to Implement a CRM Without Giving Yourself a Migraine
Contractor Evolution • 51m
If you took a survey of contractors right after the implementation of their first CRM or Project Management tool, many of the responses you’d get would sound something like:
- That was awful
- My head nearly exploded
- Truly the worst 6 months of my life for me and my team
- I never want to go through that again
Technology and software are supposed to make your business life simpler and more efficient. So why do most entrepreneurs talk about the adoption period like veterans talk about the war or mothers talk about childbirth?
This whole “tech overwhelm” thing, especially for contractors, is something we’ve been wanting to get some answers on for a while now, which is why we are so excited to have Ben Hodson on the show today. Ben is the Co-Founder and CEO of JobNimbus which is one of our favorite pieces of contractor software, and we thought who would be better to teach us how to implement technology headache-free, than the guy who builds it.
We’re fans of Ben and JobNimbus for a couple of reasons. It's super customizable and integrates easily with everything. It's relatively simple to implement compared to other CRM’s and they have a dynamite customer support team that is super hands on.
So if you’ve purchased a CRM and barely used it, if you’ve been frustrated by your tech stack or lack thereof, or if you’re still managing your business on a spreadsheet but you’re ready to take the leap… this episode is a must listen.
By the end of this episode you’ll know:
- The difference between contractors that struggle to implement new systems vs those that find it pretty easy
- How to use an “I.C.E.” decision making matrix to ensure you select the right CRM to begin with
- How to avoid the common “employee pushback” scenario and foster adoption of any new tech system
- How to identify all of the problems you face in business as one of two factors which then become easier to solve
- The elements of the trades and contracting sectors are ripe for disruption and what you need to be getting ready for
- The things that a serial CEO Ben Hodson wished he had learned earlier when running businesses
Up Next in Contractor Evolution
Unlock Your Employees Full Potential
When people know and trust each other they’re more likely to collaborate together on important work, they’re more likely to be honest with each other when it counts, and your business will be better for it.
Your employees need to form deeper relationships than simply “someone I work with” in o...
5 Ways to Stay Out of Legal Trouble
You want to keep your A$$ out of trouble.
All ventures, big and small, face some form of a legal risk. Whether you realize it or not, the business of contracting is on the riskier end of the spectrum.
You put thousands of hours of work and millions of dollars every year into growing your compa...
How to Stop Just Dreaming & Start Emp...
In this episode of Contractor Evolution, we sat down with a guest we've been trying to pin down for a while, Luke Hansen.
Luke is the founder and CEO of CompanyCam, our favorite photo storage, and site management app. Company Cam is purpose-built for contractors. It is an intuitive platform to...