To learn more about Breakthrough Academy, click here: https://trybta.com/pca-ce
Episode Resource: https://trybta.com/PCA53
You want to keep your A$$ out of trouble.
All ventures, big and small, face some form of a legal risk. Whether you realize it or not, the business of contracting is on the riskier end of the spectrum.
You put thousands of hours of work and millions of dollars every year into growing your company in the pursuit of growth. To do all of that on a shaky legal foundation is like building your dream home on sand.
Because of this, Smart entrepreneurs put effort and money behind proactive, preventative legal work. So they can feel confident that the effort and money they are putting in is working to build something that will last.
Our guest on the show for this episode is Trent Cotney, Partner at the firm Adams & Reese.
When it comes to protecting yourself, Trent is the best in the business and all things legal in our industry. He has been practicing construction law for 23 years and runs a large team of lawyers within the firm. The firm specializes in various specifics of construction law. He has written two books related to OSHA defense for contractors and serves as the General Counsel for the National Roofing Contractors Association.
In this episode, we get into:
- Some of the most typical legal risks that a contractor faces and how to prevent them
- What a contractor needs to know about corporate structure and how to protect themselves
- Why, when you cut and paste contracts from google, you could be seriously screwing yourself
- How manuals and SOPs in your business serve a much bigger function than just getting the work done
- How to cover your butt when it comes to safety on site
- Why do you need a crisis management plan, and what goes into one. So the chaos doesn't break out when things go sideways