In this episode of Contractor Evolution, we sat down with a guest we've been trying to pin down for a while, Luke Hansen.
Luke is the founder and CEO of CompanyCam, our favorite photo storage, and site management app. Company Cam is purpose-built for contractors. It is an intuitive platform to help you snap, store, sync, and share photos of your jobs so that you, the owner, can better understand what is happening on site.
I am not getting paid to say this. I believe in what Luke and his team are doing.
If you have a great photo management team, it is easier to empower your crews to make decisions and drive production. Without having to get in your truck, go out and see them. Plus, it covers your butt if anything goes to the lawyers.
Luke, in particular, is one of my favorite CEOs in the contracting space. Not only because his product rocks but because he has a unique perspective on life and business.
Before building software and pitching to venture capitalists, Luke was a roofer working for his family business. White Castle Roofing, so he understands the lived experience of the contractor because that was him not that long ago.
In this episode, we unpack with Luke Hansen: -
-The problem Luke saw in his own business that led to the creation of CompanyCam
- How photo sharing empowers your staff and requires far less of the owner's time
- The three traits that separate a dreamer from a visionary with traction
- When its ok to look stupid in front of your peers
- How to know when it's time to delegate and elevate tasks as a leader
- Why perfection can easily be an enemy of something good