While business tactics, skills, and systems make up a big part of our discussions on the show, we’d be remiss to not also talk about the importance of having a balanced life outside the walls of your business.
A lot of you are husbands and wives, mothers and fathers, community members, fitness enthusiasts, and adventurers. Balance is a virtue worth striving for and that means spending our time in a way that allows us to express our core values, be with the people we love and do things that we enjoy.
Yes crushing goals and making money is great, but if your life outside of that is empty, what are you really achieving with your time here on earth?
So today on the show we’re going to explore how one super successful 8 figure contractor has implemented a life planning process to drive his business strategy and truly show up for the myriad other components of his life.
Blaise McDonald owns Mac Renovations. Before MAC, Blaise was an industrial electrician working in a very hands-on capacity. Since entering the business 10 years ago, which was founded by his dad has gone from about 2 Million a year in revenue to close to 15 today. In that time, he’s grown his team from 12 employees to over 40 exceptional project managers, carpenters, salespeople, and administrators and he is one of the highest performing entrepreneurs we work with at Breakthrough Academy.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- How a deeper and more meaningful “why” improves his clarity of thought, motivation levels, and entrepreneurial enjoyment
- The way to think about planning your business vs planning your life
- The detailed personal planning system he and his wife use to chart the trajectory of their shared life and how that drives his approach to business
- When you add life goals to your list of already existing business goals, does it make it easier or harder to achieve everything?
- How life balance is actually (almost) possible for a busy entrepreneur
- How to incorporate accountability into your personal goals