This conversation is a big one. If you’ve been following along and listening to our episodes each week you know we’re deeply committed to empowering you, the evolving contractor, to build the business you dream of.
We’ve talked about tactics and systems, habits and best practices, but we feel like there is this elephant in the room - which is none of this matters if you feel like your labor pool is evaporating before your eyes.
And no, you’re not crazy, or alone. Millennials and Gen Zers aren’t as gritty as Gen Xers or Boomers. COVID has simultaneously increased demand for your services while shrinking the workforce you have to deliver them. If you're feeling the pinch in your hiring efforts right now, pay attention.
On this episode of the show, we are joined by three amazing Breakthrough Academy coaches - Danny Kerr, Thomas Cobleigh, and Ryan Gabel. FYI Breakthrough Academy Is the parent company to this Contractor Evolution Podcast and it's where Igor and I work the rest of the time. Breakthrough Academy is a coaching and development program purpose-built for fast-growing trades and construction companies.
Because we actively coach over 400 companies right now and have coached hundreds more over the years, we have a very broad and powerful perspective on these bigger trends in the industry.
We thought it would be fun to get some of our brightest minds together to discuss this labor shortage, where it came from, and what to do about it.
In this episode we cover:
- The major trends we are seeing right now are in the contractor labor market.
- A simple solution you can implement today if you can’t afford top talent.
- How to attract top talent and what it means to be an ‘employer brand’.
- The culture that attracts great people, how to build it, and how to measure it.
- The 7 Fundamentals you can leverage to become a top employer brand.
- The characteristics of a present leader that a team chooses to follow.
To get the 7 Traits Of An Employer Brand PDF you can download that here: trybta.com/7Traits