Preventable Problems in Contracting
Contractor Evolution • 24m
This episode is going to be a little different from our typical format.
While a lot of our other Contractor Evolution episodes are more instructional, this one is more of in-depth observation of the contracting and trades industry on a personal level.
Over the last few years, I’ve conducted well over 1000 business assessments, each lasting roughly 2 hours, where I dive deep into the biggest challenges each contractor is facing.
What becomes blatantly obvious over time is that most of the issues I see come back to 3 core problems that are totally preventable.
So in this episode, I’m going to lay out (or maybe rant a little) on a few key points:
- General observations after conducting more than 1000 business assessments with contractors
- 3 easy to avoid mistakes that 9 out of 10 contractors are making in their everyday decisions
- The area where a company falls apart when there is no clear vision
- Why being the ‘nice guy’ sentences you the death of a thousand cuts
- The biggest opportunity for recruiting that is sitting right in front of contractors faces but few recognize it
- A rant that most contractors need to hear about where they focus their efforts
Up Next in Contractor Evolution
Strategic Business Planning
You could say that there are two groups of businesses out there - ones that put actual thought into where they are headed, and ones that do not. It’s no secret that all high-performing organizations in the world put some real brain space into mapping out the future, to be able to channel resource...
Contracting Tech Trends
If you’ve been a contractor for even a short period of time you’ve no doubt noticed that technology is changing the game…..and fast.
There are technologies and softwares purpose-built to help you with nearly every aspect of your business. From lead gen to estimating, Bookkeeping to HR, inventor...
From Boss To Coach
Why are you working so hard?
Money for you and your family.
And the time to enjoy it.
Most evolving contractors want both. The finer details of the picture may change from entrepreneur to entrepreneur, we are all unique. But for a lot of us, our dream life and business is centered around mor...