Ready to Scale? Watch This
Contractor Evolution • 46m
If you’ve ever felt like your profit should be increasing with your revenue, you’re not alone.
If revenue goes up…profit goes up. Right? It’s simple math. It should work like that.
You think if you just work a little harder, push a little more…POOF… you’ll magically crest revenue hill. Economies of scale will kick in and all of the sudden you’ll have the kind profit you’ve always wanted.
But it doesn’t work like that.
If your revenues have been growing, but your profits aren’t matching the same growth rates (or exceeding), then you, my friend, have a very simple problem.
One that is pretty easy to fix if you know what to look for.
Listen to what this husband and wife team did when they found they had the same problem in their $4M landscaping company and how they fully controlled profits from that point out:
- The reason why profits didn't change even though revenue was seriously increasing
- 1 file that CLS implemented which made the biggest difference in their business growth and profit margins.
- The mental struggle with being a contractor vs working in a white-collar industry and how to shift your mindset
- How to install a strong leadership team to manage multiple locations PLUS the roles you need to hire and in what priority order
- What advice would Cooper and Janelle have given themselves back when they started
- What it's like to find a balance between 60 staff, 3 kids, and themselves
Up Next in Contractor Evolution
Resumes Are Useless
As a millennial myself, I take a small amount of personal offense whenever I hear frustrated contractors verbally bash my entire generation (or young people broadly speaking) for their supposed lack of work ethic, chronic ADD, and apparent disinterest in construction and trades.
I admittedly r...
Client Red Flags
Nothing in the world of contracting sucks the life out of you or your team like a miserable client. A sorry SOB whose apparent mission in life is to ruin yours. It almost seems they take pleasure in the process.
What I’m saying is I think we can all agree that avoiding the crazies is in your be...
10 Signs of Self Sabotage
If you roll into a multi-day hike with tons of vertical and a 50-pound pack after 6 months on the couch eating Doritos, chances are you’re probably not going to have the best time.
But what about if you're asking a lot of your mind?
How many stressful situations do you encounter in your busin...