You could say that there are two groups of businesses out there - ones that put actual thought into where they are headed, and ones that do not. It’s no secret that all high-performing organizations in the world put some real brain space into mapping out the future, to be able to channel resources and human energy towards achieving intentional goals.
Our company, Breakthrough Academy - which brings you the Contractor Evolution show - has been ranked among the country’s fastest-growing companies for years in a row, and one of our big keys to success has been our rhythmic Annual Strategic Planning process that happens every December.
One of my favorite quotes about entrepreneurship comes from Stephen Covey, and it goes something like this “all things are created twice - once in the mind, and then in real life”.
What that means is that everything you want to make a reality - the lifestyle you’re after, the income you want to make, the size of business, specific employees and leaders to have inside of your company, the dialed-in CRM, or perfect, beautiful office - will first come to life in your mind, and then be created into reality.
A great mechanism to allow this creative process to unfold is the Annual Strategic Planning ritual. For years, it has been the arena to reflect, dream, vision, and create a path for a brilliant future. In today’s episode, the three Directors at Breakthrough Academy come together to give you a peek behind the curtain and tell you about how they go about their Annual Strategic Planning process.
We have Igor Trninic, our Managing Director, James Dale, our Director of Training and Development, and Danny Kerr, BTA’s Director of Assessment, as we give you a play-by-play of how they plan the future and bring it to reality with extraordinary accuracy.
On today’s show, we dive into:
- What’s at stake for you if you don’t take the time for Strategic Planning?
- Why you SHOULDN’T be planning in a boardroom with whiteboards and laptops - and where to go instead
- How do you know when you’ve got a plan that will work vs a pipe dream on paper?
- The 3 things you should come away with once you’ve completed your Annual Strategic Plan
- The step-by-step process BTA uses when we plan they the next year
- The critical moves that happen immediately after your Annual Strategic Plan that ensures momentum