As a millennial myself, I take a small amount of personal offense whenever I hear frustrated contractors verbally bash my entire generation (or young people broadly speaking) for their supposed lack of work ethic, chronic ADD, and apparent disinterest in construction and trades.
I admittedly roll my eyes a little anytime I hear someone throw their hands up in frustration and declare: “These young people I tell ya, no one wants to work these days”.
If you listen to this podcast, you know this is a recurring theme on the show.
Having said all that, I also deeply empathise with the business owner whose phone is ringing off the hook with potential customers but can’t seem to hire enough good people.
Which is why this episode is so monumental. Our guest today, Jody Underhill, has figured out how to deliver a literal flood of qualified applicants to almost any contractor.
Don’t believe me?
Listen to the full episode to learn more about all the genius ways Jody has sailed past traditional hiring methods to deliver as many applicants as he needs.
- Why young people aren't responding to trades ads, and what you can do to attract them.
- The statistical results between marketing on social media vs traditional digital job boards
- The exact formula for ad copy that gets high #'s of applicants and sets you apart from the competition
- How to structure your application page and what you need include in your employer brand promo video to get a high level of applicants (hint, it’s not you talking about the company)
- How to run hundreds of video interviews without the interviewer actually being involved
- The statistical difference between using email vs text and which medium brings in stacks of applications