Kim is truly one of our highest-performing contractors in the Breakthrough Academy Program. She’s an awarding-winning luxury high-performance home builder in Kelowna, BC, Canada.
Some people have grit, some have talent. Kim is one of those rare individuals who has both and she has a story that needs to be heard.
While she enjoys success today (she’s won many awards including Best Design-Build Firm in BC, her waitlist is booked out a couple of years in advance, and she owns a massive portfolio of income-generating real estate), it wasn’t that long ago that she had to decide between feeding herself or putting gas in her car.
And that’s what I think I love most about her story of perseverance… how close she came to not being the success she is today. And I think that’s the case for a lot of people at the top of their game. Big risk equals big reward
In Today’s Episode Kim tells us:
- Why it pays to work for free in the right circumstances
- The big picture benefits of never compromising on quality
- The core principles that took Kim from 1 to 10 million a year in annual revenue
- Whether you should hire for a role before you can afford it?
- How do you maintain quality as you scale?
- 2 key pieces of advice for young trades entrepreneurs