This episode is going to be a little different from our typical format.
While a lot of our other Contractor Evolution episodes are more instructional, this one is more of in-depth observation of the contracting and trades industry on a personal level.
Over the last few years, I’ve conducted well over 1000 business assessments, each lasting roughly 2 hours, where I dive deep into the biggest challenges each contractor is facing.
What becomes blatantly obvious over time is that most of the issues I see come back to 3 core problems that are totally preventable.
So in this episode, I’m going to lay out (or maybe rant a little) on a few key points:
- General observations after conducting more than 1000 business assessments with contractors
- 3 easy to avoid mistakes that 9 out of 10 contractors are making in their everyday decisions
- The area where a company falls apart when there is no clear vision
- Why being the ‘nice guy’ sentences you the death of a thousand cuts
- The biggest opportunity for recruiting that is sitting right in front of contractors faces but few recognize it
- A rant that most contractors need to hear about where they focus their efforts