As a great leader, you know you don’t know everything. More importantly, you’re totally okay with that, and you’re actively working to shrink those knowledge gaps and timeframes by tapping into the wisdom and experience of people smarter than you.
Whatever challenge you're facing right now, someone’s already solved it and captured their learnings for you in a book you can read or listen to. Thinking that you should have all the answers already is insane.
So today’s episode is Contractor Evolution’s “Must Read” List
I know you don’t have an abundance of time to sit in a lounge chair, sip camomile tea, and leisurely work through a list of books. But the fact that you listening to this podcast means you don’t use your busy life as an excuse to not be constantly improving. So if you can find a spare minute or two, here is what we recommend you dive into.
Now to keep things organized, we’ve structured this list in a particular way
After working with thousands of Contractors, we’ve observed a pretty clear pattern…
There are 6 key areas in a contracting business that are often under-systemized. Think of these as 6 areas that are super important but very difficult to master.
- Budgeting & Financial Tracking
- Organizational Structure
- Recruiting and Hiring
- Training & Onboarding
- Sales & Marketing
- Goal Setting & Execution
To help you along with your own pursuit of excellence we’ve collected our favorite books in these areas.
Some key highlights from this short episode are:
- 1 (not boring) book on budgeting that has you taking out profit before expenses
- A book that shows you how to structure your team when everything seems chaotic
- Which book to pick up when you want to hire the right people to replace you
- Where you can find information about a top tier interviewing system
- 2 Marketing and sales books that give you game-changers to implement into your customer journey
- The undisputed most effective book on leadership as voted by Breakthrough Academy members