Our guest in this episode, Paul Akers, runs a company called Fastcap who’s workers now output $500-$700 a day and are happier than when the company started. He’s been so recognized for his work that he’s been invited to speak and consult with companies like Mercedes Benz, Amazon, and the US Navy.
So what’s his secret sauce?
It’s a concept he stole from Toyota and applied to his business. He tells us only 2% of contractors ever ‘get it’ and he wants to share with those who will listen.
To learn how Paul has applied Toyota’s methods to his business, click the links below.
- How LEAN production revolutionized the job site and the 8 areas where you can eliminate wasted time, material, costs
- The state of the average job site in North America and why it’s not where you want to be
- How to apply LEAN principles to a contracting business model with specific examples
- The "Quick Wins" you want to start with to see some immediate results
- The best way to retrain your team to see the waste and what needs to happen to create an ongoing culture of continuous improvement
- What to do about the team member that fights the change and get them totally bought in