A growing company needs people to step up and lead divisions, initiatives, and small teams.
While this may be plainly obvious to you, what is less clear is how to assess whether or not someone has what it takes to step to the plate and be a driving force in your business.
What traits do you interview for before making someone a General Manager, Site Supervisor, Crew Leader.. or some other leader within?
In this episode Igor and I tackle this question, having completed north of a thousand interviews for a multitude of leadership roles.
We talk about:
- The three critical traits every leader in your business needs to have.
- The specific questions you need to ask during an interview to assess someone’s ability to lead.
- How to ask questions the interviewee can’t BS their way through.
- What’s at stake if you hire someone without the 3 characteristics.
- Examples of people who lack these traits and how they will show up on the jobsite.
- The difference between which traits you can train vs which ones you can’t.