Resumes Are Useless
Best of Contractor Evolution • 57m
As a millennial myself, I take a small amount of personal offense whenever I hear frustrated contractors verbally bash my entire generation (or young people broadly speaking) for their supposed lack of work ethic, chronic ADD, and apparent disinterest in construction and trades.
I admittedly roll my eyes a little anytime I hear someone throw their hands up in frustration and declare: “These young people I tell ya, no one wants to work these days”.
If you listen to this podcast, you know this is a recurring theme on the show.
Having said all that, I also deeply empathise with the business owner whose phone is ringing off the hook with potential customers but can’t seem to hire enough good people.
Which is why this episode is so monumental. Our guest today, Jody Underhill, has figured out how to deliver a literal flood of qualified applicants to almost any contractor.
Don’t believe me?
Listen to the full episode to learn more about all the genius ways Jody has sailed past traditional hiring methods to deliver as many applicants as he needs.
- Why young people aren't responding to trades ads, and what you can do to attract them.
- The statistical results between marketing on social media vs traditional digital job boards
- The exact formula for ad copy that gets high #'s of applicants and sets you apart from the competition
- How to structure your application page and what you need include in your employer brand promo video to get a high level of applicants (hint, it’s not you talking about the company)
- How to run hundreds of video interviews without the interviewer actually being involved
- The statistical difference between using email vs text and which medium brings in stacks of applications
Up Next in Best of Contractor Evolution
CONTRACTOR EVOLUTION SUMMIT 2022
Hiring is hard now, compared to what it was even five years ago. Between, a booming construction economy, an aging workforce, and the two years of Covid. The fact of the matter is that there are a lot of contractors fighting over the same relatively small talent pool.
The problem is, regardless...
Tax Strategy For Contractors
When it comes to taxes you’re going to have to pay them whether you want to or not. However, spending the time up front to establish a solid tax strategy could save you up to 40% AND lead to a much bigger investment portfolio long term. It’s key to know your strategy BEFORE you even start your fi...
The Benefits of New Territory
If you have ever wondered what it takes to expand into a new market, begin operations in a new city, or even a new state, this episode is a must-listen. Our guest for this episode is Kory Ballard, founder of Perficut Site Management.
Kory started as a teenager, borrowing his dad's mower to do...