Preventable Problems in Contracting
Best of Contractor Evolution • 24m
This episode is going to be a little different from our typical format.
While a lot of our other Contractor Evolution episodes are more instructional, this one is more of in-depth observation of the contracting and trades industry on a personal level.
Over the last few years, I’ve conducted well over 1000 business assessments, each lasting roughly 2 hours, where I dive deep into the biggest challenges each contractor is facing.
What becomes blatantly obvious over time is that most of the issues I see come back to 3 core problems that are totally preventable.
So in this episode, I’m going to lay out (or maybe rant a little) on a few key points:
- General observations after conducting more than 1000 business assessments with contractors
- 3 easy to avoid mistakes that 9 out of 10 contractors are making in their everyday decisions
- The area where a company falls apart when there is no clear vision
- Why being the ‘nice guy’ sentences you the death of a thousand cuts
- The biggest opportunity for recruiting that is sitting right in front of contractors faces but few recognize it
- A rant that most contractors need to hear about where they focus their efforts
Up Next in Best of Contractor Evolution
How to Build an Ideal Candidate Profile
Josianne Guadette runs Crew HR and over her extensive 18-year career she's been involved in the hiring of over 600 roles for her huge book of clients.
Episode 1 covers how to make an Ideal Candidate Profile which is the primary building block for any hiring funnel.
Think about it - you can't hir...
Leverage Untapped Talent Pools
Asad is the CEO of Sales Talent Agency, an international recruiting agency that has helped acquire talent for over 1,500 companies including Harley Davidson, IBM, Salesforce, and Sonos.
Episode 3 focuses on getting a large number of candidates in the door. Making a great hire is impossible if yo...
Filter Out the Time Wasters
Danny is the managing director at Breakthrough Academy, a company that coaches over 450 Contracting Businesses to implement efficient systems and allows the owners to step away from the day-to-day.
Episode 4 will show you how to prioritize and convert our best applicants into interviews. Stop wa...